Begin your professional transformation with the online Beahrs ELP
We are excited to announce that we are taking the 2021 Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program online! We plan on resuming the regular in-person program in 2022, but this year's program will be delivered remotely to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
The 2021 program will start on July 1, and end on October 8, 2021. This year’s program will be spread out across three months to allow you greater flexibility, so that you do not need to take three weeks out of your time. You now have the opportunity to learn from our world-class instructors and participate in cohort-building without having to leave the comfort of your home or disrupt your work schedule. Additionally, we hope to have even greater opportunities for long-term case studies and group projects, now that the program spans three months and is accessible to more people around the globe. To read more about the schedule, timing, and curriculum of the program, visit our Schedule page here.
At the end of the program, you will receive a UC Berkeley certificate in Sustainable Environmental Management, as well as lifetime membership in our global Berkeley ELP Alumni Network. You may also have the opportunity to participate in a future in-person program free of cost; read below under Free Participation in Future Programs for details. Click here to start your application.
Those who live outside of the United States will not have to worry about arranging for visas, housing, airfare, or insurance, making attendance in the program easier than ever before. The program fee is reduced to reflect the change in what is being included; for more information on the cost of the 2021 program, visit our Costs page.
For more information on refunds, payment methods, and withdrawal deadlines, please visit our Cancellation Policy page here.
Free Participation in Future Programs
If you complete the 2021 Beahrs ELP in full, you are also invited to participate in a future in-person program at no cost, so long as you can arrange and cover your own lodging and meals during the in-person program. Restrictions apply:
- Participants may choose to attend the in-person ELP in 2022, 2023, or 2024. Space is limited each year to a maximum of five such participants, and we will operate on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Participants must let us know by January 10th of that year that they intend to participate in the program. At that time, they must provide us with a letter from their employer confirming that they will be able to be in Berkeley on those dates.
- Participants are required to participate in the full three weeks of the in-person program.
- Participants are only eligible for this if they receive less than 40% of the scholarship from UC Berkeley.
- The Beahrs ELP will not be involved whatsoever in participants’ arrangements for housing, meals, or travel (both international and domestic). The participant is fully responsible for making and paying for their own arrangements.
- Non-US citizens must also provide either a valid US visa or proof that they have made an appointment with their local embassy to apply for a visa by the January 10th deadline.