Who Should Attend
Over the last twenty years (2001-2022), the Beahrs Environmental Leaderhsip Program (Beahrs ELP) has graduated 755 leaders from over 114 countries. Our participants come from a wide range of environmental and sustainable development agencies and organizations, local to global, who share in common the goal to better understand and support sustainable human-environment interactions. We are commited to making this educational opportunity available to professionals from all backgrounds and areas of the world, regardless of their pre-existing resources.
ELP training will benefit environmental professionals from all fields and industries ready to take their careers to the next level through rigorous professional development training and cross-sectoral collaboration. The Beahrs ELP is ideal for people who want intense academic and professional training with world-renowned faculty at UC Berkeley but do not have the time for a full-time 2-year degree.
To read and hear testimonials from our alumni, click here.
- A resumé that demonstrates strong professional experience and leadership potential;
- Affiliation with a department or organization concerned with environmental issues;
- Proficiency in English to allow full participation in course discussions.
- UC Berkeley certificate in Sustainable Environmental Management
- Enhanced capacity to develop and apply solutions that balance environmental, economic, and social equity objectives.
- Strengthened skills for communicating ideas, managing conflict, facilitating multi-stakeholder processes, and leading social change.
- Lifetime membership in the global Berkeley ELP Alumni Network, eligibility for small grants and a continuing learning relationship with UC Berkeley.
- A number of our alumni have partaken in collaborative projects with UC Berkeley experts